ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  08/ABR/2010 11:09 PM
Assunto:  o verbo" to post"

Mensagem: 

Depends on several factors, where it was "posted", if in the Net it´s getting quite

used there.

In TV, I would say, or in a site of news I woul use "broadcast".

Released, to both situations.

Upload in certain sites.

Well, my educated guesses; with time you will see that most of times you can use one form or another.

the video was released.

the video was broadcast.

The video was uploaded on April 23, 2005 and can still be viewed on the site.   source:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
Seeing as the video was uploaded to youtube on March 4th, I doubt this a dedicated April Fools joke.

the video was submitted by ...

It´s okay to say "posted"=>
The video was posted online but has since been removed.

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/terror/01-04-2010/112808-suicide_bomber-0
Russian online surfer posted a very curious video on the Internet which the man made with his cell phone camera on March 29, several minutes after the horrific terrorist attacks in the Moscow metro.

www.foxnews.com/.../review-ordered-video-showing-students-singing-praises-president-obama/
the YouTube user who posted the video on the Internet, told FOXNews.com that the video was first put online by Charisse ...

http://www.epolitics.com/2006/12/01/behind-macaca-how-the-webb-campaign-lit-the-fire-that-burned-george-allen/
However, regardless of what Allen intended to say, the incident resulted in a gigantic public relations disaster for his campaign. The video was put up on the popular video-sharing network YouTube and received massive attention from mainstream media (Delany 2006a). Not long after the news had reached the general public, Allen had his poll lead cut from 20 points to 3 over his resurgent Democratic challenger Webb (Larvatus Prodeo 24 August 2006).

Hope it helps.  And good luck with your videos, wether amateur or pro.

PP.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
o verbo " to post"  –  Nina  08/ABR/2010, 10:56 PM
 o verbo" to post"  –  PPAULO  08/ABR/2010, 11:09 PM
o verbo" to post"  –  Tiago T.  08/ABR/2010, 11:24 PM
o verbo" to post"  –  PPAULO  09/ABR/2010, 12:24 AM
o verbo" to post"  –  Nina  09/ABR/2010, 12:27 AM
o verbo" to post"  –  PPAULO  09/ABR/2010, 12:30 AM
o verbo " to post"  –  What about  09/ABR/2010, 8:01 AM
o verbo " to post"  –  Fran  09/ABR/2010, 11:02 AM